What does a jewelry designer do?
The jewelry designing is an age old profession and is an art which requires great skill and creativity.
Jewelry designing is an art of designing and making jewelry, engraving, cutting stones and polishing, etc. Jewelry design requires great aesthetic sense, skill in illustration, technical skill, familiarity with chemistry and the alloys.
But nowadays jewelry manufacturing companies use computer-aided design softwares to facilitate designs and avoid flaws during the final designing. CAD allows the designer to create a virtual reality model of a piece of jewelry and also modify, change the stone or try different configurations and see the change on the screen of a computer before cutting a stone and performing other expensive steps. Once the initial changes and adjustments are made, a mold of the prepared model in a wax is produced with the help of the computer-aided manufacturing process (CAM). CAM helps in the easy manufacture of numerous pieces of similar design.
- Eye for detail and good observation
- Knowledge of latest fashion trends
- Practical skills with tools and materials.
- Meticulous and precise approach
- Possibility of visualizing and projecting designs on paper and also computer design skills
- Sense of design and passion for the profession
For details regarding the course click here: https://goo.gl/FYmvAk
For more details:
S.C.O- 64-65, 1st floor, Sector- 34A Chandigarh