How to be a Freelance Textile Designer?
Freelance textile designer works independently and not for a textile design company or any industry. This freelancing work is flexible as the designer himself chooses the project which he wishes to do or reject. Freelancing is not a new concept and is a good option for those who don’t want to work for a company. These people work from home and have flexible work schedules. They can find work through independent online work sites or other means.
Skills Required to be a Freelance Textile Designer
- Strong artistic mental inclination and creative skills
- Knowledge about latest fashion trends in the industry
- Ability to work with various colors, fabrics, media, design tools and computer-aided software
- Knowledge of the fiber, yarn preparation process and textile construction process
- Strong interpersonal skills to deal with clients, employees or support workers.
- Data management and research skills
- Good critical analysis skills, technical knowledge and commercial knowledge
Job Duties as a Freelance Textile Designer
- One of the main functions of the work of an independent textile designer is to talk or communicate with clients and other technical workers to discuss ideas, take input, explain their opinion about the project, etc.
- Accurately interpret customer expectations, take comments, produce sketches, produce samples and obtain customer approval.
- Prepare the formula design for a group of samples.
- Experimenting with different designs, fabrics, colors, materials and ideas.
- Buy fabrics, buy tools and charge customers after completing the work.
- Use of computer-aided design or specialized software to develop a range of textile designs and patterns.
- To complete projects within the deadlines and develop constant communication with customers.
- Find work using online sites, promotion method and advertising.
- Stay up to date on the latest trends in design, techniques, tools, colors, media and other news about textile design.
- Management of public relations, marketing, finance and maintenance of blog or website.
- Diploma in Textile Design CAD
Duration: 1 Year
Conclusion: Here at IFD Academy Chandigarh we provide best courses in Textile Design CAD for all the aspiring artists who wish to make a mark in fashion industry.
For more details:
International Fashion Designing Academy Chandigarh
SCO- 64-65, 1st floor, Sector- 34 A Chandigarh , Call : 9815818101, 9216609009, www.ifdacademy.com