Career in Interior Designing in Chandigarh
Career in Interior Designing in Chandigarh, This race is for those people who have artistic mindset and are passionate about designing. This career includes the design of homes / properties, and the execution of those designs to create the ambience that the client desires, the person must have excellent communication and management skills and should be creative with their work. Those who are good at keeping their expenses within the budget and also the people who have good knowledge about different materials and have an eye for detail should take up this challenging interior design as a possible career path. We at IFD Academy (leading institute for interior designing courses in Chandigarh) provide the best interior designing courses for students who wish to make a career in this field.
What is Interior Designing?
Interior designing is a profession that is responsible for designing the interior of a building or a room. This is a multifaceted field that involves creative thinking, designing, management and execution of a required design and also communicating with the clients. It deals with decorating a room or building taking into account its comfort, functional aspects and the efficient use of space. The person needs to work with the stakeholders and design executives to create a design according to the client’s requirements.
What does an Interior Designer do?
The basic job of an Interior Designer is to work with architects to plan the designs of the interiors for optimal use of an area, to create spaces of utility and functionality. While the Interior decorators plan the color schemes, the decorations, the furnishings, the furniture and the arrangements of the same.
Below is the description of the work of an Interior Designer:
- To find and bid for new interior designing projects
- To communicate with the clients to have a clear understanding of what the client expects
- To outline the entire design concept before starting to work on it
- To conceptualize to design a space for better functionality, maximum comfort and nice design cues
- To decide the items such as: furniture, lighting, wall finishes, floors, plumbing fixtures and electrical wirings.
- To create a final plan using the computer tools e.g. CAD
- To prepare a date to complete the project
- To discuss the project budget with the client
- To select and place orders of furniture, electrical products and flooring material.
- Constant communications with the clients to offer a design that best suits their requirements.
- To work with the designers and other professionals in order to verify the installation of the products
Skills Required to be an Interior Designer
- Should have creative and scientific mindset
- Ability to manage time
- Ability to deal with technical details
- Ability to work in a team
- Ability to sketch and draw
- Have proper sense of color
- Ability to work within the budget
- Good communicative skills
- Have analytical mindset and the knowledge about the emerging trends
- Have power to visualize the design
- Great insight about the textures, trends and materials
Various Options in Interior Designing
- Interior designers: They plan the interior spaces, circuits, ventilation and electrical installations, water supply and drainage, heating systems and air conditioning. And work on the basis of technical knowledge of structures and construction. They also prepare distribution plans, perspectives and elevations and prepare sample models. They need to keep themselves updated on the latest products and materials available in the interior designing market.
- Interior decorators: Advise on the use of textures, color, decorative materials and fabrics, light effects, furniture and design to create an attractive and functional interior.
- Theater and set designers: These work on conventional stage decoration and for sets of TV series and movies and have to work according to director’s plans. The goal is to make the design fit in the scene and they also have to guide the lighting technicians, carpenters and decorators.
- Exhibition designers: They plan the complete exhibition site to design individual stands and display panels to create an image within the exhibition itself.
- Showcase designers: These decorate the showcase to improve the marketing drive and innovate with new ways of presentation. Fashion stores often exhibit summer, autumn, spring and winter collections.
Courses available in Interior Designing
BSc in Interior Design and Decoration
Duration: 3 Years
Diploma in Interior Design
Duration: 1 Year
Undergraduate Diploma in Interior Design
Duration: 3 Years
Postgraduate Diploma in Interior Design
Duration: 2 Years
Conclusion: We at IFD (International Fashion Designing) Academy Chandigarh provide the best courses in interior design for all the aspiring young artists and architects who want to pursue a career in Interior Designing.
For more details:
International Fashion Designing Academy Chandigarh
SCO- 64-65, 1st floor, Sector- 34 A Chandigarh , Call : 9815818101, 9216609009, www.ifdacademy.com